Sunday 25 August 2013

Master of Beauty



I bow my head before you every moment,
The underlying principle of this cosmos.
I sing this song of adoration with amazement,
When I find you everywhere around me.

Oh! The master of beauty and celestial artist,
Great is your creative imagination.
I enjoy the beauty as an atomist,
Still mysterious is your creation.

Beauty is not mere combination of matter,
You created us with your loving touch.
The whole creation reflects your grandeur,
Matter craves for your gentle touch.

Oh! Master of beauty, ever active,
Present even in a blade of grass.
Teach me the lessons to be creative,
Even in the painful moments of darkness.

Open my eyes to see you everywhere,
And to discover you even in ugliness.
Impart thy loving touch to artists everywhere,

That they reveal beauty with gentleness.

Joseph Shibin SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment